MSMQ Queue Location in AD
dveit
2008-01-07 21:02:16 UTC
Haven't had much luck finding this information. I'm trying to find out where
(i.e. what container) MSMQ queues are published to in Active Directory. We
have users authenticating from a trusted domain that need to be able to view
MSMQ queues but cannot since they do not have permissions to the AD objects.
I need to find the container that I can add access to these trusted users.
Frank Boyne
2008-01-08 00:50:31 UTC
Post by dveit
Haven't had much luck finding this information. I'm trying to find out
where (i.e. what container) MSMQ queues are published to in Active
Directory. We have users authenticating from a trusted domain that
need to be able to view MSMQ queues but cannot since they do not have
permissions to the AD objects. I need to find the container that I can
add access to these trusted users.
This might help (or might not, I don't know enough about AD to be sure)
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms682511(VS.85).aspx
John Breakwell (MSFT)
2008-01-08 10:20:21 UTC
Yes, that link looks correct.

To manage the queue permissions, an alternative would be to run "Active
Directory Users & Computers".
On the view menu, choose "Advanced Features" and "users, groups and
computers as containers".
You will then see an MSMQ configuration object appear under the compter
object.
Under this object will be all the public queues defined on that computer.

Cheers
John Breakwell
dveit